Using natural products sourced locally, the steel to create our amazing springs starts at British Steel, the same steel that is used to create our incredible springs has been used to create airports, train stations and even the Sydney harbour bridge.
We use our patented technology to be able to create the thinnest spring on the market. Through our efforts, we are proud winners of five Queen’s Awards for Enterprise - including two in Sustainability. We deliver truly inspirational comfort technology that can be used in a wide variety of products from furniture to sports shoes
- Development & Training
- Contributory pension scheme
- Work wear provided
- Incremental holiday allowance based on service
- Colleague discount
- Life Assurance
- Company events
- Free parking
The Process Engineer will be dedicated to improving process performance in the wire drawing processes.
They will be diligent in applying their engineering skills and experience, driven by data and facts, and comfortable leading teams of operators, technicians, and engineers through projects and problem-solving exercises.
They will be accountable for delivering tangible results in support of business plan objectives by implementing improvements, supporting new product industrialization, improving capacity utilization, and managing continuous improvement efforts.
- Lead efforts to improve performance and resolve quality issues by rigorously applying methodical problem-solving techniques to contain the problem, identify root causes, and implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Define critical-to-quality process parameters. Then implement measurement and control systems to ensure the process operates as required to meet product and customer specifications.
- Manage daily process quality performance to include the investigation of issues, the disposition of items with defects, and the initiation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Work with internal and external suppliers of materials, equipment, and services to execute projects, resolve problems, and improve processes.
- Select, design, modify and maintain tooling, fixtures, and equipment as needed to improve safety, quality, throughput, and productivity.
- Improve housekeeping and safety by applying the 5S principles and participating in audit programs.
- Support business plan objectives to increase productivity, reduce waste, improve quality, and enhance safety.
- Identify, justify, plan, and lead to continuous improvement, new product development, and capacity expansion projects.
- Lead, participate, and support cross-functional project teams as assigned to achieve required objectives on-time and on-budget.
Skills & Experience required:
- Apprentice trained or degree in engineering
- Experience as a process, manufacturing, quality, or project engineer in a wire drawing or metal forming operation.
- Experience working in a lean/JIT/process-driven manufacturing environment.
- Experience performing technical analysis on cable designs is a plus.
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey complex issues in simple terms to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of the team
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Ability to work independently