Harrison Spinks currently have a vacancy for a Fleet Yard Supervisor within our Transport Department
● To work with the Transport Manager in assisting to develop strict fleet management procedure.
● Involvement with health and safety policies within the transport department. Input with updating risk assessments, SOPs and SSW’s.
● Assist the Transport Manager with adhering to fleet maintenance schedules and ensuring that all required records are complete and accurate.
● An element of vehicle shunting will be required as part of this position.
● To work with the Transport Manager in improving communications between management and the driver team.
● To assist the Transport Manager in ensuring that all our drivers remain compliant. This will include spot checks on vehicles and drivers to ensure that accurate records are being created and maintained.
● To deputise for the Transport Manager at times when he is away from the business.
● A flexible approach to working hours is essential, to suit the needs of the business.
● Strive to achieve targets.
● Report any instances of damage, to the vehicle, third party property or to our products however minor to the transport manager.
● To assist the Transport Manager with all aspects of legal compliance.
● Communicate any problems that arise to the Transport Manager.
● Assist with local deliveries
● Undertake any internal training as requested by the business to further develop or assist with the role.